Monday, May 2, 2011

Late Summer Thunder by J. Jacen De La Garza

Available Free from:
Smashwords


The sound of distant thunder ushers back memories of murder and redemption. Twenty years after the fact, Sam can no longer suppress the recollection of a night he had tried so hard to forget. Late Summer Thunder brings him back to the night of the storm, the night he witnessed a miracle.


Bio: 

Native Texan, I write about the area I grew up in and try to convey the subtle nuances that make South Texas such a special place.

What will readers like about your book? 

I think the style is fresh, a little of a rougher edge to it that makes the stories pop.

Why did you self publish? 

Because it was NEVER AVAILABLE BEFORE! The advent and ready availability of technology is stagering, it is a great time to be a writer if you can make a big enough noise.

What is your writing process? 
A notebook, a beverage, some music and an evening. I sketch out my ideas in a jam session of creative vandalism. Everything goes, then I have my "office time" regimented and by the clock, this is time to unwind the tangled mess in the notebook and glean the good stuff from the garbage.

How long does it take you to write your first draft? 
I write Novellas, so usually complete a first draft in a few sessions. I have full time job and a family so there is never a set time.

What inspired you to write this particular story? 
In my town, strong sping and summer storms make flash floods a common danger, anyone who has lived in San Antonio can attest to the fact that there is ALWAYS SOMEONE that will drive into a low water crossing. I wanted to add this element as a backdrop to the drama unfolding between Sam and Tony. Kids have to endure some rocky stuff and how they deal with it in relation to each other I find is an interesting dynamic.

Are you a Indie author? Would you like to be interviewed for this blog? You can! 
See details on my Feature your eBook page.

Don't forget to Support Indie eBooks

Discover new writers! Follow Indie eBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment