Monday, May 2, 2011

Clinical Lycanthropy by Tim Garrity

Clinical Lycanthropy
 Kindle Price:
 $2.50
 Available from:
 Amazon US Kindle
 Amazon US Paperback
 Smashwords

Mark Enos arrives in his native Massachusetts fresh off a tour of duty in Iraq a broken man. Destitute, drug addled and racked by recurring nightmares, Mark sinks deeper into darkness and despair until one night he is attacked by a strange beast. In an instant Mark’s life begins to turn around; physically he feels stronger, the nightmares disappear and he begins to pick up the pieces of his broken life. Though seemingly blessed with a second chance at life Mark begins to question his ‘gift’ as his injuries heal at a preternatural rate and he begins to encounter a series of strange happenings. It isn’t long before Mark feels that the beast that set upon him that fateful night was no ordinary animal and that its bite transformed him into something monstrous and terrible. Mark’s fears of being cursed are only intensified as a series of grisly murders occur around town and all clues seem to lead to him. As Mark is forced to run from the authorities the panicked townsfolk are left to wonder as the full moon rises just what stalks their streets and prowls their backyards, a disturbed young man or a savage beast?

Bio:
Tim Garrity is the author of Vargulf, a self published work which garnered honorable mention in the category of General Fiction at the 2009 DIY Book Convention as well as the 2009 New England Book Festival. Vargulf was also awarded a bronze medal in Foreword Magazine’s Book of the Year Award in the category of Horror. Currently, he resides in Boston.

What will readers like about your book?
I think readers will enjoy the fact that it's a new take on a tired old tale. Most werewolf stories tend to unfold in the same manner, I think this is something new as the reader is meant to keep guessing as to whether there's actually something supernatural at play or the main character is simply a mentally distrubed young man.

Why did you self publish?
I certainly didn't intend to, as I had previously self-published my first novel, Vargulf. However, after writing nearly 100 query letters and being turned away again and again I decided to take the self publishing route again and see if I can build some buzz for this new effort.

What is your writing process?
I usually write the first draft in a very linear fashion, writing the beginning and allowing that to carry me through the body of the manuscript right through to the end. I then edit and begin a new draft and I'm usually constantly adding sequences and changing whole sections of the manuscript. For this novel I wrote five drafts and changed the ending weeks before publication.

How long does it take you to write your first draft?
It depends on what I have going on at the time, in this case it took me just a little over six weeks to write the first draft of Clinical Lycanthropy, as I had a lot of fun with it, however that was nearly a year and a half ago.

What inspired you to write this particular story?
I really didn't want to write another "monster" story, as I had gone that route with my first novel and I certainly didn't want to write anything involving even the word werewolf for the same reason. My original intention was to write something a little more "adult". However, my brother related the story an old Spanish serial killer, Manuel Blanco Romasanta, also known as the "Wolfman of Allariz" who had butchered nearly a dozen people in the early 19th century but claimed he had committed the crimes, not because he was disturbed, but rather because he was a werewolf. I found the story interesting, and kind of took it from there.

 Are you a Indie author? Would you like to be interviewed for this blog? You can! 
See details on my Feature your eBook page.

Don't forget to Support Indie eBooks

Discover new writers! Follow Indie eBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment