Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rippler (The Ripple Series) by Cidney Swanson

Rippler (The Ripple Series)Kindle Price:
$2.99
Available from:
Amazon US Kindle
Author's websites:
www.cidneyswanson.blogspot.com

A girl who can turn invisible, the boy she's falling for, and the Nazi scientist who's after them.


Samantha Ruiz has a freak gene that turns her invisible. She can’t control it, and it’s getting worse. Afraid of becoming a lab-rat, Sam keeps her ability secret, until fellow runner Will Baker sees her vanish into thin air. Will promises secrecy and help, and Sam begins to fall in love.

Together, the two discover there are worse things than being a scientific curiosity. Someone’s been killing people who possess Sam's gene. A mysterious man from France sends letters that offer hope for safety, but also reveal a sinister connection with Nazi experiments.

The more time Sam spends with Will, the less she can imagine life without him. When Sam uncovers secrets from her past, she must choose between keeping Will in her life or keeping Will safe.

About Cidney Swanson


Cidney Swanson grew up within spitting distance of the central California foothills and learned to drive on the crazy highways linking gold rush ghost towns.  She began her first novel at age eight; it started with “Ouch,” and she’s enjoyed creating painful situations for her characters ever since.  Cidney worked as a costume designer, clothing designer, and kitchen gadget salesperson prior to giving it all up for literature.  She obviously couldn’t hold a job, so it was probably a good decision to write full time instead.  Cidney lives in Oregon’s Willamette Valley with her husband, three kids, a dog, and two cats and entirely too much rain.

Interview with Cidney Swanson

N.L Earnshaw: What is your writing process? 

Cidney Swanson: A character starts talking in my head.  If they won't be quiet, I know I have a story.  I write for 15-20 pages to see what this character has to say for her/himself.  Then I plot an outline and start writing scenes.  I let my first drafts cool for a few weeks and then begin the part I really, really love: editing and revising.  ( now, call me crazy, but I Love revision)

N.L Earnshaw: How long does it take you to write your first draft? 

Cidney Swanson: About 4 months.

N.L Earnshaw: What inspired you to write this particular story? 

Cidney Swanson: I saw an image in my head, of a girl staring into a beautiful mountain stream and slowly becoming invisible.  Well, I had to know why, didn't I?  I knew she couldn't tell she was fading from view (as I watched this scene in my head,) and that became my second question: why doesn't she know she is turning invisible?  The story just took off from there.







Are you an Indie author? 
Would you like to do an interview? 


Its easy,  just become an Indie eBooks Sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment