Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Electronic Crime in Muted Key by Nick Wastnage

Electronic Crime in Muted KeyKindle Price:
$0.99
Available from:
Amazon US Kindle
Barnes and Noble
Smashwords
Apple
Author's websites:
www.nickwastnage.com

Enter the enigmatic world of Barry Carter; a man who lives two lives and believes his sinister plan to scam millions and fake his death is foolproof. He’s right, until his bitter lover and distraught wife team up to seek him out. They want retribution but are stopped by the police, who’ve found Carter first and want to question him about a murder, a stolen dead body and an international cyber crime. A frantic chase ensues and there can be only one winner.

About Nick Wastnage

I’m a crime writer. I write about people involved in sinister deeds like murder, extortion and retribution.

I’ve worked in a seaside arcade, as a record salesman, a decorator, a merchant banker, a marine and a retailer. I was once shot by terrorists and winched from the jungle into a helicopter and flown to hospital.

I live with my wife in Bucks.

Interview with Nick Wastnage

N.L. Earnshaw: What will readers like about your book? 

Nick Wastnage: It's fast moving, exciting and original plot. The colourful, varied and diverse characters and how a scorned wife and a bitter lover race against the police to get their retribution and revenge on a fraudster and the man each thought was theirs.

N.L. Earnshaw: Why did you self publish?

Nick Wastnage: Because I think Electronic Crime in Muted Key is an entertaining story and I want to get it read and I'm fed up with continual rejections from the big name traditional print publishers.

N.L. Earnshaw: What is your writing process?

Nick Wastnage: I get up at 7am, take my wife to the station and come home and have breakfast and an espresso coffee, a must, and then go to my study, built in a corner of my garage, and
start to write. I look out on the garden. Sometimes a friendly robin comes and sits on a table in front of my window and stares at me. I like to think it's the same one each time, but I can't be sure. I write for about five hours in complete silence and then break for some lunch, usually some fruit and a piece of cheese with a large glass of water and another espresso and, maybe - if I'm pleased with what I've written - a couple of squares of dark chocolate. In the afternoon I answer and send emails and do marketing activities. After that I go to the gym. I don't write in the evening. I've no brain left.

N.L. Earnshaw: How long does it take you to write your first draft?

Nick Wastnage: About four to six months.

N.L. Earnshaw: What inspired you to write this particular story?

Nick Wastnage: Strangely, I overheard someone in a restaurant saying they were thinking of faking their death to escape their debts. I was on my own and made a point of listening to what they said. I made notes on a paper napkin. I almost forgot to eat my food.




Are you a Indie author? 
Would you like to do an interview? 


Its easy,  just become an Indie eBooks Sponsor.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a cool interview! Your book sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete