Friday, April 8, 2011

Synopsis:
The Little Book of Spicy, Hot Appetizers, Dips and Sauces

Non Fiction by Megan Jones. This book tells you everything you need to know about concocting the most delicious spicy, hot appetizers, along with divine dips and scrumptious spreads. Over eighty recipes of spicy, hot dishes! There is a section on the hottest chillies in the world and some ideas on what to do with them and what not to do... This book explores the spicier side of life and is full of hints and tips for an amazing appetizer experience!


Bio:
I was born in South Africa, have lived in England, Bahrain and the USA. Have visited France, Germany, Czechoslovakia and collected recipes from all over these places. I have a HUGE folder of recipes I have collected from all over the world and have always wanted to compile a book of these recipes.

I grew up in the Durban area in South Africa and have fond memories of going to the spice market with my dad as he was a great curry cook, so spicy food has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.

I enjoy reading, playing golf and scuba diving and of course cooking. I live in Spain now so am enjoying cooking with the fresh ingredients which are readily available at different times of the year.

What will readers like about your book?
My recipes are different and very flavorful.

Why did you self publish?
I have always wanted to write a cook book but never knew where to start. This was an easy way to begin.

What is your writing process?
I start writing early in the morning, even before I go to the gym.

How long does it take you to write your first draft?
My first draft on this book took two weeks.


What inspired you to write this particular story?
My love of spicy foods.

Excerpt

Pineapple Shrimp Appetizers

1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
1 can (4 1/4 oz.) shrimp, drained or use fresh
1/4 cup reduced calorie mayonnaise
1 tbsp minced green onion
2 tsp Dijon-style mustard
1/2 tsp dill weed
2 cucumbers

Directions:

Combine all ingredients except cucumbers. Cut cucumbers in 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick slices. Spoon heaping teaspoon of pineapple mixture on top of each slice. Garnish with dill or minced green onion if desired.

Variation: Omit mustard and dill weed. Add 2 teaspoons finely chopped cilantro and dash of cayenne pepper.


Links: 


No comments:

Post a Comment