Friday, April 1, 2011

Hidden - Shalini Boland


Hidden is a paranormal romance that spans the centuries from modern England to 19th century Paris and ancient Cappadocia.
Sixteen-year-old Madison Greene is in foster care until one day she inherits a fortune, she inherits a house, she inherits a cellar full of danger.
Eighteen-year-old Alexandre lives in 19th century Paris. On an archaeological expedition he discovers a lost underground city where his life changes forever.
As their lives merge, someone is watching and waiting. And when fate comes calling, Madison and Alexandre must make their choices...



Author Bio

I live in Dorset, England with my husband and our two noisy boys. Before children, I was signed to Universal Music as a singer and songwriter and spent my days and nights: writing, recording, touring and performing. Now, writing YA novels has hijacked my life and I'm usually to be found with a laptop welded to my fingers and the house in a permanent state of neglect.

What will readers like about my book?

Hidden appeals to both a male and a female audience. There are two main characters - Maddy and Alexandre and the reader gets to follow both their stories. It has both urban and historical aspects, starting out in gritty reality but slowly descending into horror, adventure and romance.

Why did I self publish?

I self published because although I had some great feedback from editors, they all said they weren't taking on any new vampire series. I know there are tons of readers out there who love the genre (eg. me!) so I thought I'd publish it myself. It's been out for almost 2 weeks and I've sold 50 copies which I'm thrilled with.

Favorite authors in your genre

They have got to be Anne Rice and Stephenie Meyer.

Links: Amazon
My website: http://www.shaliniboland.co.uk
Mini Trailer for HIDDEN: http://www.twitvid.com/HAE9D

No comments:

Post a Comment