Thursday, March 29, 2012

Interview with Gil Hardwick

What will readers like about your book?
Great yarn

Why did you self publish? 
To tap into the growing ebook market, since I already had substantial computing and desktop publishing skills.

What is your writing process? 
I simply write as situations come to me along the narrative trajectory set in the opening chapters. I allow my characters their own space to do what they are going to do, engage conversations, set the pace, and act according to circumstances. I take my own breaks when I need them, get on with my own life, the transcribe what has come to me in the process when I get a chance, usually evenings.

How long does it take you to write your first draft? 
Usually 8-10 months to completion, including all editing and proofing.

What inspired you to write this particular story? 
Public issues, residual childhood memories, reminiscences, characters I’ve met around the bush, sights and sounds and smells coming back to me as I sit remembering. All my writing is like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment