Saturday, August 20, 2011

Logan's Redemption by Cara Marsi


Kindle Price:
$2.99
Available from:
Amazon US Kindle
BN Nook
Author's websites:
www.caramarsi.com


Doriana Callahan's life is unraveling. Someone is stalking her and sabotaging her father's company; her teenage son is rebelling; and Logan Tanner is back in town. For sixteen years she's kept an explosive secret from Logan, a secret he soon discovers. Logan never belonged in Doriana's world, but a long time ago he allowed himself to dream of a future with her, until the awful night he was forced to run. Now he's back and he needs her forgiveness, but first he must forgive himself.

Despite the fact that Doriana kept the existence of his son from him, Logan vows to protect her. He races against time to stop the culprit threatening Doriana and works to forge a bond with his son.

Can the love and passion that still burn between Doriana and Logan overcome old lies and new dangers? The clock is ticking on a second chance at love.

Bio:
When I was a corporate drone and cubicle dweller living in a fabric-covered cage, the creative energy of writing romance allowed my mind to escape the reality of my everyday world, at least for a while. No longer a corporate drone, I still need to give voice to the characters who inhabit my head. My larger-than-life heroines and heroes demand release, and I’m happy to oblige. I read and write romance to satisfy my craving for good love stories with happy endings.

For as long as I can remember I've made up love stories in my head. The Thirties and Forties romantic comedies that played on late-night TV when I was growing up helped shape my love of romance.

I currently have three books available: Logan’s Redemption, a romantic suspense formerly published by The Wild Rose Press and now available on Kindle, BN Nook and Smashwords; Murder, Mi Amore, a romantic suspense novella released December 2010 by The Wild Rose Press; and Cursed Mates, a sensual, dark paranormal romance, released December 2010 by Noble Romance Publishing.

In addition to my books, I have had success writing short stories. I’ve published short romance stories in New Love Stories Magazine, and in the Trues (True Love, True Romance, True Confessions, and True Experience, True Story).

I live in on the East Coast with my husband and a fat, black diva of a cat named Killer. My husband and I love to travel, and I love to write about the places we’ve visited.

Excerpt:

“You’ve never changed your opinion of me, have you?” he asked in a hard voice. “I’m still the boy from the bad neighborhood, not fit to be a father to your son.” With a contemptuous glance, he turned away and strode to the fireplace. He leaned on the mantle, his profile to her. His chest rose and fell with his shallow breathing.

Doriana studied him. His jaw set in a tight line. His entire body looked coiled and ready to fight. Or maybe flee. Tears sprang to her eyes. They’d come so far in the last weeks. How had it all gone so terribly wrong?

“What do you want, Logan?” She tangled her fingers through the long strand of pearls she wore, trying to rein in the anxiety that churned her stomach.

Logan’s hazel gaze impaled her. “I want to be in Josh’s life.”

“What?” She yanked on the pearl necklace. The strand came apart in her hands. She watched helplessly as beads rolled all over the floor. My life is coming apart the same way. She raised her gaze to find a stony-faced Logan staring at her with unyielding eyes.

“What’s your answer?” He spit the words out.

“How long will you be in his life, Logan? You’ll leave again and what will happen to Josh? I will not see him hurt.”

Logan was at her side in an instant. He grasped her shoulders. She winced at the anger in his eyes. The twinkling lights of the tree reflected on the golden stubble of his beard, mocking the tension that arced between them like an electrical current.

“I’m Josh’s father,” he rasped. “I’m not some stranger, here one day and gone the next.”

“Aren’t you?” She bit down on her lip. Hurt shattered the chiseled planes of Logan’s face. She glimpsed the vulnerable young boy he’d once been, the boy she’d fallen in love with. He released her as if he couldn’t bear to touch her. Her throat thickened with tears.

“So that’s it.” The quiet calmness of his voice damned her more than shouts. “I’ve never been more than a temporary diversion to you.”

“That’s not true,” she whispered. “I loved you. I ....” She stopped herself before she blurted that she loved him now.

“Do you really know what love is?” His gaze raked her. “You have no problem giving your body to me, but I’m not worth bothering with on any other level.”

Fury and pain pierced her like a carpenter’s awl. “How dare you talk to me like that?”

He released a breath. “I’m sorry. I was out of line.” Sadness creased his features. “I just want to be in my son’s life.”

“How do I know you’ll be around for him?”

“Trust me. Damn it, just trust me.”

Could she trust him? Maybe she should ask him to stay. What if he said no? Could she take that chance? Her insides shook. “I can’t.”

Interview Cara Marsi 

What will readers like about your book?

It's a suspense with a fair amount of danger. But more importantly, it's about second chances, redemption, family and the power of love.

Why did you self-publish?

"Logan's Redemption" was originally published by The Wild Rose Press. When I got the rights back, I decided to self-publish at the urging of a friend who's found success self-publishing. I'm so glad I went the indie route. "Logan's Redemption" has done well, and I've sold so many more books than I did with the publisher.

What is your writing process?

I'm not sure I have one. An idea will come to me and I'll mull it around for awhile. Then I'll write out character sketches (in longhand) of the main characters and the main events in the story, including the conflict and resolution. Then I write a working synopsis. And then I start writing the story. I hate first drafts, but I love revisions.

How long does it take you to write your first draft?

For a book, close to one year. For a novella, four months. For a short story, one month.

What inspired you to write this particular story?

I love stories of redemption and stories about people who aren't what they seem. My inspiration came from an old Claudette Colbert/Fred MacMurray movie. The Colbert character hires a man, MacMurray, to be her assistant, thinking he's an out of work laborer. But he's so much more. The same as my character, Doriana, who thinks Logan is a temp worker, but he's so much more.



6 comments:

  1. Nadine, thank you for featuring "Logan's Redemption" today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Logan's Redemption, as I do all Ms. Marsi's books!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan's Redemption is a great read! Plus, the guy on the cover's HOT :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Tess and Sandra. I agree the guy on the cover is hot..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book! I'm so glad you've made it available to us, Cara.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Aileen. What's really cool is that yesterday I got an email from the cover model. His name is Marko Geber from Serbia. I friended him on FB.

    ReplyDelete