Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rogue for a Night by Jenna Petersen

Rogue for a NightKindle Price:
$2.99
Available from:
Amazon US Kindle
Author's websites:
www.jennapetersen.com


Ronan "Rage" Riley first met Lucinda Stoneworth when she was the wife of his best friend's brother and knew she was out of reach, no matter how bewitching she was. But now she's been a widow for two years and they find themselves at the same country party. Attraction leads to a wicked affair, but could a proper lady of the ton really find a happily ever after with a former underground boxer? Or will Society end their love forever?

Excerpt 

He drew in a long breath. “Lucinda, the first moment I saw you, I was taken by your beauty. When I saw you, I could not help but catch my breath. I even thought of you when you weren’t near.”

Lucinda stared at him. This she had not ever guessed he would say. “Y-You did? I had no idea.”

He nodded once. “You were another man’s wife and I never would have pursued that interest out of a respect not only for your husband and his brother, but for you. But yes, I wanted you. I want you still, Lucinda. Perhaps now more than ever.”

She could hardly breathe at this revelation. What he was saying… it was madness! She ought to be offended, as he had said he feared. She ought to turn away from his blunt admission of desire and tell him never to speak of it again.

But she didn’t. All she did was stand still as stone and drown in the roaring echo of her heartbeat as it pounded in her ears like an ocean tide.

He moved a fraction closer and that tide turned even more violent. All she could see now was him. All she could feel was him… and he wasn’t even touching her.

“But Lucinda, I would never want to be something you regret.” He shook his head. “I am going to go away for a few days. There is a bit of business for me to do in a neighboring shire. When I return, we can pretend this conversation never happened, if that is what you desire. Or…”

He trailed off and held Lucinda’s gaze evenly. She struggled to find her voice and finally squeaked out, “Or?”

“Whatever you like, Lucinda,” he whispered and then he caught her hand and drew her even closer. His lips lowered again and he kissed her a second time...

About Jenna Petersen
Author Jenna Petersen has published nearly 20 historical romance novels. She lives in the Midwest with her husband and two cats. She loves to hear from readers, you can contact her via http://www.jennapetersen.com or follow her at twitter @jennaromance

Interview with Jenna Petersen

N.L. Earnshaw:
What will readers like about your book? 

Jenna Petersen: ROGUE FOR A NIGHT is a sexy, emotional historical romance set in the Regency period. If you like any or all of those elements, this is the book for you!

N.L. Earnshaw: Why did you self publish? 

Jenna Petersen: After over 5 years in the traditional publishing world, I love the creative freedom that Self-publishing offers me. Also, as a very fast writer, I no longer have to wait 6-9 months between releases (and neither do my readers). Finally, I love that I can offer my readers a much lower price (2.99 versus 7.99) and yet I make more money per book. To me, it seems like a win-win situation to everyone!

N.L. Earnshaw: What is your writing process? 

Jenna Petersen: I am a full-time writer, so I have a page or word count goal every day that I must meet. If that takes me a couple hours, then the rest of the day is mine to promote, play or... well, watch Maury or whatever. If it takes the whole day, then I sit the whole day working on it. I do write 5 days a week, with weekends off (though I do promo stuff on weekends and occasionally do write).

N.L. Earnshaw: What inspired you to write this particular story?

Jenna Petersen: I had written a book in 2009, HER NOTORIOUS VISCOUNT, which was published by Avon Books. Although I'm no longer with the publisher, lots of readers asked me about Rage and Lucinda and wanted to know what had happened to them. When I decided to make the move to independent publishing, I was very excited to have the chance to tell their story!




Are you a Indie author? 
Would you like to do an interview? 


Its easy,  just become an Indie eBooks Sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment