Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Heart Stealer by Tiphanie Thomas

Heart StealerKindle Price: 
$2.99
Available from: 
Author's websites: 


After several box-office flops, movie star Randall Rowe returns to his small hometown to rebuild his relationship with his preacher father and persuades stubborn Kayla Denton, the runaway he’d once helped, to decorate his new home. 

With their close proximity, Randall starts seeing independent Kayla as an alluring woman with whom he can be himself, though he knows she’s all wrong for him. Meanwhile, Kayla has already been abandoned by one man in her life, and she’s determined not to endure it again. Yet underneath Randall’s fast lifestyle and devil-may-care persona lies more than she could’ve imagined. Can either of them ever trust the deep connection they share when faced with Hollywood and crippling fears?


Bio:
Tiphanie Thomas is a Michigan native and former financial analyst, and though she received a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, she loves the library and books since she began reading at four. She loves reality television, Scrabble, and traveling to new places. Heart Stealer is her debut novel.

What will readers like about your book?
Readers will love the fun of the characters as well as feel for them, because they both are tortured and have issues to resolve. Both of them also show major growth throughout the novel. I have many people say it made them laugh, cry, and think, so that’s the biggest compliment that I can get.

What inspired you to write this particular story?
I’ve been in love with love since I was a young girl. I was in love with Gone with the Wind and Pretty Woman, as well as romance books. So with that, it morphed into I had to write and give all the great emotions I felt reading. Also, this story of Randall and Kayla came to me and stuck in my head for years. They wouldn’t let go so that let me know it was a story I need to tell.

Excerpt 

Kayla stopped at the doorway, spotting Mama Rowe in front of the stove stirring a pot. I'm here. What’s so . . .’ Her head twisted to the right and words died in her throat.

Randall sat at the wooden table, a plate of spaghetti in front of him and a fork halfway to his mouth. He put it down, and a sexy smile spread across his face. Under the kitchen light, his teeth dazzled her with their whiteness against his warm chocolate skin, and his hooded emerald eyes glimmered.

Her heart pounded in her chest. She’d forgotten how electric his presence could be. He leaned back in the wooden chair as if in a Calvin Klein Ad. His high cheekbones, square jaw, and full mouth reminded her of an Adonis.

Surprised to see me, Kay?’

Of course, she grumbled, clenching her fist. Oh no, she wasn’t suppose to react this way. After his last trip home, she had known there could never be anything between them, but apparently, her body hadn’t gotten the memo.

The designer red t-shirt stretched over his broad shoulders and muscular chest must have cost more than her whole outfit alone, making her exceedingly aware of her frumpy sweats.

He stood and walked toward her. Gimme a hug.’ As he embraced her, her nostrils flared as she inhaled his expensive cologne. Her mouth dried, making breathing difficult. I appreciate you looking after my mom since I’ve been gone,’ he murmured in her ear, his warm breath sending tingles down her spine.

She jerked back. Don’t thank me. How could I not when she took me in and gave me a home?’

His emerald eyes lost some of their warmth. Well, I’m glad you’ve been here.’

Heat rose up her neck as she reminded herself the charming veneer was all an act, and she would not be fooled again.


Are you a Indie author? Would you like to be interviewed for this blog? You can! 
See details on my Free Author Interview page.

Don't forget to Support Indie eBooks

Discover new writers! Follow Indie eBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment