Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wasteland (The Kin Trilogy Book 1) - Patricia Williams

Becca Wilkinson is a nobody, and those that are aware of her existence know her as "that quiet girl in the back of class", "loser", or her favorite-"that chick that killed all those people."
While most people at Leeville High have long forgotten Becca's role in the devastating car wreck that happened over a year ago, she still has nightmares.
Her memories are in fragments and what little she remembers doesn't make sense-things like hearing voices and moving things without touching them.
Luke Johnston is a new kid and has all the girls at Leeville eating out of the palm of his hand...except Becca. There's something dark and dangerous about him and he's drawn to Becca, despite her rebuffs. Luke knows something about her...the true nature behind the accident. Can she let her guard down to learn the truth?

Bio
When I was just an ankle biter, I had dreams of running away and joining the circus. I'd regale the crowds with stories of my adventures, hang out with lions and elephants, and eat hot dogs and popcorn for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
While I'm not spending my days walking the tightrope or breathing fire, writing's still pretty awesome. When I'm not weaving intricate tales of awesome, I live vicariously through the Winchester brothers, bore others with my infinite coffee knowledge and kick butt at Rockband.

What will readers like about your book?
I think readers will really connect with the protagonist in my book, Becca. For most of us, high school wasn't full of pleasant memories and we felt like outsiders looking in. Becca deals with a lot-loneliness, guilt, and growing up and figuring out who she is and what she wants out of life. I think a lot of readers can relate.

Why did you self publish?
I self published because I spent a year marketing myself to literary agents and publishers and decided that I was tired of waiting for someone to take a chance on my work. If I wanted my story to be heard, I had to do it myself.

Who are your favorite authors in your genre?
Anne Rice, Stephen King, George R.R. Martin

Links

My personal blog

Wasteland on Barnes and Noble

Wasteland on Smashwords











No comments:

Post a Comment