Friday, April 1, 2011

Secrets - S.L Pierce


Secrets...we all have them
A former government assassin...
Two men who weren't supposed to be seen together...
A cop who won't let go...
High tech industrial espionage....
Deception...
Betrayal...

Secrets is a fast paced thriller that will keep you guessing.


Bio:

S.L. Pierce spent ten years earning a PhD in Engineering before deciding she wanted to be a writer. She now lives in Colorado with her husband and four children

What will readers like about your book?

There are two things I believe readers will like. One, the female lead is strong. And not strong for three fourths of the book, then gets captured by the bad guy. She is tough all the way to the end. The second thing readers will like is the speed. I tend to skim descriptions of places and clothing, etc. when I read, so when I wrote this book, I left most of that out. I feel this has made the pace of the story quite fast.

Why did you self publish?

Also for two reasons. One, because I left a lot of descriptive stuff out, the book comes in at around 41K words. No publisher is going to work with that. It's too short. I don't want to be forced to add to the story just to increase the length. Two, I love the freedom. I can finish a book on Wednesday at have it for sale by Saturday. It's amazing.

Who are your favorite authors in your genre?

Lee Child is definitely my favorite. I love Jack Reacher and how no one gets the better of him. Also, Harlen Coben. He takes a simple little event and makes it so mystery filled, I can't put his book down till I know what is going on.

Links:
My website where you can read the first two chapters and sample my short stories: http://www.piercebooks.com/
My blog: http://slpiercebooks.blogspot.com/
Where you can purchase Secrets: Amazon, Smashwords, B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment