Friday, April 1, 2011

Forge of Stones - Vasileios Kalampakas

A theocratic regime that stifles progress is on the verge of open rebellion and civil war. A rebel tries to convince a young Curator apprentice to help him in uncovering secrets that will change their world forever, while all the while a strange sort of pilgrim from afar goes on a journey that will have earth-shattering implications



Bio:

Born on Trikala, Greece, 28 years ago. One of my first memories is arguing with my mother that I did not have to learn to handwrite, since I could write on my keyboard. Quite a lot of time has passed since then, and now I self-published my first novel. I generally don't like to talk about myself. I believe people can get to know me through my work, and I hope they do. I like to read science fiction and fantasy, so it's only natural that I like to write such books as well. I especially like to combine the two when possible.

Q: What will readers like about your book?

I believe that my readers will like the characters (especially the Patriarch) and the plot twists, especially the truth behind everything that goes on in their world.

Q: Why did you self publish?

Because trying to get a literary agent to push a manuscript forward would take ages, even if it did land a publishing contract. To avoid all that, I decided I would publish it myself, and then just let the book run (almost) free in the world.

Q: Who are your favorite authors in your genre?

Well, the first two names that pop out of my head are Frank Herbert and Philip K. Dick. I'd definitely have to include Iain M. Banks. though there are many that I like, I believe these are unmatched, each one for different reasons.

You can buy my e-book from the Kindle store ($0.99 USD) or from my site (1.20 Euros - multiple ebook formats in a zip file). There's a paperback version available as well,here.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment