Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dead Barchetta - Kathryn Lively


Music tutor by day and tribute band guitarist by night, Matt “Lerxst” Johnston doesn’t have an enemy in the world…so he thinks. One night a pretty young woman tries to smother him in his sleep, and it’s not for the usual reasons a woman would have for wanting to inflict harm upon him! The dream he enjoyed at the time quickly spirals into a nightmare of mistaken identities and nosy investigators who threaten Lerxst’s freedom, to say nothing of coming close to discovering his grandmother’s secret “herb garden.”

Armed only with a guitar and endless questions, Lerxst escapes the discomfort of his beach home and hides out in New York City to learn the true identity of his would-be assailant. Instead he learns more about himself and what he needs to do to survive the next attempt on his life.

And what a long, strange trip it is…


Bio:
Kathryn Lively is an award-winning writer and editor. She is an EPIC Award winner and has edited EPIC Award nominated titles for Phaze Books, Whiskey Creek Press, and FrancisIsidore ePress. She also maintains a pen name, L.K. Ellwood, for other mysteries.
Kathryn assists businesses with Virginia Beach social media services, and also works as a freelance writer.

What will readers like about your book?

I think readers will like Lerxst's sense of humor and, at times, bewilderment. The pace of the story, I have been told, was done well, and readers enjoyed the dialogue and twists in the story. If you are into unconventional thrillers this may be the book for you.

Why did you self publish?

I have been published through small presses and I have done work independently. There are advantages to both. With this book, however, I found the project very personal. This is my first mystery in six years, literally since I had my daughter. I wanted to give it everything I could in terms of production and promotion, plus I did not want to wait 2-3 years for publication - which likely would have happened if I published traditionally.

Who are your favorite authors in your genre?

I love Dick Francis, James Ellroy, Carl Hiaasen. I believe I have read pretty much everything they have written.

Links:
Barnes & Noble
Smashwords
Omnilit

Amazon Paperback        Amazon eBook
  

No comments:

Post a Comment