Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happier Than a Billionaire: Quitting My Job, Moving to Costa Rica, and Living the Zero Hour Work Week by Nadine Hays Pisani

Happier Than A Billionaire: Quitting My Job, Moving to Costa Rica, and Living the Zero Hour Work Week
Kindle Price:
$2.99
Available from:
Amazon
Nook
Smashwords
Authors Website:
www.happierthanabillionaire.com

What happens when you decide to quit your job and move to Costa Rica.

Bio: Nadine was born in New Jersey and went to Rutgers University. After 10 years of working as a chiropractor, she decided to sell everything and move to Costa Rica with her husband, fat cat, and neurotic dog. She wakes up every morning to the sounds of parrots flying over the house. She also wakes up with a few scorpions in her bed.

Excerpt

Have you ever rolled over, hit the snooze button, and wanted to blow off work— forever?
I did just that and quickly found myself fording crocodile infested rivers and bribing border police. It wasn't what I expected but even while jumping out of bed and tossing stinging scorpions into the air,
it was still better than a day at the office.Happier Than a Billionaire: Quitting My Job, Moving to Costa Rica, and Living the Zero Hour Work Week, is a lighthearted narrative for anyone who has ever dreamed of getting out of the office and starting over.

Much like Frances Mayes in Tuscany and Peter Mayle in Provence, I too faced many challenges. Whether dealing with Dolores the Dog Lady, my uninvited neighbor who pees on my lawn to get closer to nature, or Jim the Jehovah witness with fourteen aliases and two passports, Costa Rica introduced me to a medley of characters and situations I could never have prepared for. It turned out becoming a Central American diva was harder than it looked.

Interview with Nadine Hays Pisani

What will readers like about your book? 
It's funny. I get bit by lots of things and my husband pepper sprays himself in the face. It's comedy gold.

Why did you self publish? 
I already had a poplular blog and had an audience reading my material. It just made sense for me to be in
control of the whole project. And since it's been available, I've shot to number 1 in my category on Amazon. (I'm like a cuter David Hasselhoff...I'm a bigshot in Central America.)

What is your writing process? 
Must write in the morning because the urge to Facebook old boyfriends is too overwhelming. It's wonderful to know so many of them are bald.

How long does it take you to write your first draft? 
It took 2 years because it was based on my adventures here in Costa Rica. I wanted each chapter to be great, so I had to make sure there was no filler, just lots of funny.

What inspired you to write this particular story? 
I believe everyone wants to run away from home —quit our jobs and do the things we are most passionate about. I desparately wanted to get out of that office and live my life on my own terms. So I was living through this great adventure and wanted to share it with other people. It's a great story...still can't believe it's my own.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment