Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rise of the Deva'shi: A Chronicle of Parthalan by Jennifer Allis Provost



Rise of the Deva'shi (A Chronicle of Parthalan)Kindle Price: 
$0.99
Available from: 
Author's websites: 
Website
Blog



The acclaimed story of Latera, a human girl who was accidentally kidnapped. 

Trapped in the Faerie Realm, Latera makes a life for herself and learns that she is anything but ordinary. But when those who snatched her from her home return her to her family, she learns that she may be Faerie's only hope.

Bio:
Jennifer Allis Provost is a native New Englander who lives in a sprawling colonial along with her beautiful and precocious twins, a dog, two birds, three cats, and a wonderful husband who never forgets to buy ice cream. 

As a child, she read anything and everything she could get her hands on, including a set of encyclopedias, but fantasy was always her favorite. She spends her days drinking vast amounts of coffee, arguing with her computer, and avoiding any and all domestic behavior.

What will readers like about your book?
A strong female protagonist, a fresh take on faeries, and lots of magic.

What is your writing process?
I begin with a few key scenes, and write them first. Then I take a step back and determine what needs to happen before and after, and flesh it out from there. Actually, I usually write the end first.

How long does it take you to write your first draft?
The first draft goes fairly quickly, usually no more than a month or six weeks. It's the editing that tales forever and a day, but the end result is worth it.

What inspired you to write this particular story?
The story had been swimming around in my head for years, and then I took Business Law 101. I was so thouroughly bored I started writing Latera's adventures instead of taking notes. (Don't worry, I still got an A). Once the words were staring up at me, I had to get them
published.

Excerpt

Again the sun rises. I watch from my balcony, as I do every morning, as the sun greets the earth with his eternal embrace. There are no words to describe the sense of happiness I feel while watching the daily ritual, for it means I am home. 

I was once so far from home I forgot who I was, where I was from; even that I was human.
Was human. 

I began my journey as a frightened child, doggedly pursued by those who would seek to eradicate my family, yet I persevered – no, I triumphed – as I walked through this world and into legend.
A smile crosses my face as I think back to the day my life, and the lives of those dear to me, changed forever. I fought to be released from the clutches of destiny even as others conspired to destroy me, or drive me mad, or imprison me in a strange land. Somehow I survived and every trial did indeed make me stronger. In time, their efforts to harm me led only to their own demise.

I look down from my perch into the courtyard, and I am reminded of the day my long journey began. I turn my face to the breeze, and let its cool fingers take me away with my memories. 

I am Latera, and this is my story.


Are you a Indie author? Would you like to be interviewed for this blog? You can! 
See details on my Free Author Interview page.

Don't forget to Support Indie eBooks

Discover new writers! Follow Indie eBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment