Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Nameless Simon – Marion Ledwig

The elf Catherine, who works on a lookout tower of the City of Gold in the otherworld on the border to the kingdom of the fairies, is increasingly troubled by visions of an extremely handsome pale man (nameless Simon). In order to detect the nature of these visions she embarks on a journey to the City of Gold, where her elf-friend Gorgo is supposed to get married to the fairy John on the union of the two moons, a crucial date where evil might awaken when good represented by Gorgo marries evil (John). The vampire Simon plays a pivotal part in its awakening as he is involved in an ever more complicated series of crimes that culminate in a war between elves and fairies on that date. Simon who has escaped persecution in the real world by making the otherworld his home has to demonstrate where his loyalties lie as the fairies employ not only the Enchanted riding on swans, a rock-eating monster with huge tentacles, but also bad vampires, the kingdom of the rats and of the tamed tigers as allies against the elves to arouse evil. Simon with the help of the master magician David and the head of the elf army Nicholas are able to defeat the fairies by making use of a secret maze under the City of Gold and by turning the gold loving rats against the fairies, defanging the Enchanted, freeing the tamed tigers, getting rid of the monster, and destroying the bad vampires.
Bio:

I was visiting assistant professor at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. I have studied psychology and philosophy at the University of Bielefeld, Germany, and received my Ph.D. in philosophy from the University of Konstanz, Germany. I am the author of "Reid's Philosophy of Psychology" (2005), "Emotions: Their Rationality and Consistency" (2006), "Common Sense: Its History, Method, and Applicability" (2007), "God’s Rational Warriors: The Rationality of Faith Considered" (2008), and "Mixed Feelings: Emotional Phenomena, Rationality and Vagueness" (2009). "Nameless Simon" (2011) is my first fantasy books for adults.

What will readers like about my book?

It is a combination of elements from the "Twilight Saga" (love, vampires), "The Lord of the Rings" (war and elves), "The Golden Compass" (possible worlds), and "Harry Potter" (magic).

Why did I choose to self-publish?

Because right now I don’t have the time to search for a decent agent. Besides I could spend my time with many other in my eyes more worthwhile things. After all we only have one life.

My favourite authors?

I learnt a lot from Stephen King's book on writing. I love Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight Saga", but am interested in all kinds of fiction, from South African to South American, to British, American, Russian, French and of course German fiction. Tolkien is among my favourites and Rowling.

Website:

http://www.xinxii.com/en/nameless-simon-p-325917.html


Nameless Road

No comments:

Post a Comment