Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Many and The One by Donald Wells

When Lindsay Parker catches her boyfriend Derek Stern cheating, she wants only one thing--Revenge!
Knowing of Derek's hatred for Jason Reynolds, she lures Jason to her bed simply as a means to hurt Derek.
However, something happens that Lindsay didn't count on.
She falls in love.
Derek schemes to get Lindsay back into his life, but his obsession goes too far and leads to a violent and life-altering confrontation with Jason.
When Derek's beautiful, but conniving, mother Charlotte enters the fray, the stakes escalate into a decades long struggle that tests Lindsay and Jason's bond, while redefining the boundaries of love.

This is Book One of THE OCEAN BEACH ISLAND SERIES


Bio:
I'm a New Jersey native and still make my home there. A voracious reader since childhood, I began writing about twenty-five years ago and now I can't imagine doing anything else. I've had more jobs than I care to remember, but Insurance Salesman, Real Estate Sales, Retail Management and Truck Driving were some of the highlights, and oh yeah, I was once offered a job as a bodyguard for a drug dealer who I ran into while he was walking home from prison. (I turned him down by the way.) To my readers I say, thank you. I love writing as much as I love reading and I only hope I'm writing books that others can love.

What will readers like about your book?
This book, as well as the rest of The Ocean Beach Island books are built around the love story between Jason and Lindsay. While this is a romance, it also has elements of suspense and a bit of mystery. As more than one reader has commented, it is a hard book to put down and keeps you reading until the end.

Why did you self publish?
I never considered doing it any other way. I like control.

What is your writing process?
After becoming intrigued by an idea, I'll usually let it grow and simmer inside for a while, but when I sit down to write, I write until the first draft is completed.

How long does it take you to write your first draft?
On average, I'd say about six weeks.

What inspired you to write this particular story?
I wanted to write a story about true love. It's what everyone is looking for.

Excerpt

Derek raises his glass in thanks and the two women giggle.

He smiles back, while thanking God for women like these. Mid-level female executives, stressed out from the rigors of corporate life.

In the summer they come to the Island by the scores to soak up the sun and decompress. They tend to drink excessively in an effort to cram asmuch fun as possible into a one week vacation.

The women rise from their table and head over to where he reclines.

Derek notices they both walk carefully, a sign that they’re buzzed but not yet drunk, good.

The taller of the two, a strawberry blonde, is nearing forty, however her one-piece bathing suit reveals a taut body and there are few lines upon herpretty face. The shorter one, a brunette with long hair, is younger, Derek gauges her to be somewhere between twenty-five and thirty. She wears abikini, scarlet red, and the contrast with her pale skin is stark.

They settle on either side of his lounge chair facing him, the young one on his right.

They are women used to giving orders. They are women used to getting what they want.

“My God Dora, he’s so young.” The older one says.

The younger one looks at Derek. When their eyes meet, his gaze holds her until she looks away.

“He’s old enough.” She says.

Derek smiles, the sexy smile, the one that drops them to their knees, mouths opening wide.

“Is there something I can do for you ladies?”

Dora takes Derek’s hand as if to lead him away. “I know what you can do for me.”

“Hey Dora be fair. I thought we were going to use the keys?”

“Keys?” Questions Derek.

The older one explains. “I have one of our room keys in each of my hands, whichever hand you pick you get the girl, um woman, along with the key.”

Derek grins. This is a new one.

“So, which one do you choose?” The younger one asks.

Derek licks his lips slowly. “I want both of you.”

“Both of us?” The women ask in concert, the same underlying tones of curiosity and titillation in their voices.

Derek stands and the women rise also. He extends a hand palm up to each of them.

“What do you say ladies, double or nothing?”

The younger one, Dora, stretches up and kisses him on the mouth, hard. Afterward, the older one does the same, however, after kissing Derek, she leans over and hesitantly kisses Dora.

Dora reacts with a look of surprise. A moment passes, and then Dora takes the other woman’s hand with her right and Derek’s hand with her left and leads them toward the lobby, where the elevators await.

And Derek knows he is soon to make love to the 99th and 100th woman of his young life.


Links:


                  Amazon
    Paperback                    eBook
     

No comments:

Post a Comment