Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Anabar's Run - Will Granger

Sixteen-year-old Anabar has less than twelve hours to get to the capital city. This is the final test in his training to become a member of the Scouts, a band of ruthless swordsmen sworn to defend their nation. If he doesn’t make it, he will have to return to his farm, but that’s not the worst thing. His mentor, Omalof, wants the test to be as realistic as possible, so he reports Anabar as a dangerous criminal, and every soldier between him and the capital has orders to find and kill him.

ANABAR’S RUN is the story of a young man who dreams of leaving his isolated valley farm. While chasing his dream, he faces mountains and avalanches, bandits and bears, and months of brutal training. While physically tough enough to make it as a Scout, Anabar worries that he might not have the courage to fight and kill when called to do so. Despite this, he senses that he is destined to be a Scout, and is determined to make to the capital on time regardless of what he may be forced to do.




What will readers like about your book?

I believe readers will root for my main character, Anabar, because he is successful even though he comes from a humble beginning. He is not rich, has no magical powers, and has no royal blood. I also think readers will enjoy the action and adventure in the story. Finally, I think readers will be drawn
to the conflicts in the story as Anabar struggles with the choice of becoming successful giving everything up in order to seek peace.

Why did you self publish?

Like many writers, I have been unable to find an agent to represent me. I was excited to learn about how many writers are now trying self publishing. After researching this concept, I believe it is a legitimate way to get published and that it will challenge the traditional way of doing so. I also like the fact that with self publishing via Kindles, Nooks, etc. you can seek success through hard work. I like being able to rely on my own effort.

Who are your favorite authors in your genre?

I enjoy the books written by Chris Crutcher, Avi, and Roald Dahl first because they are god writers, and second, because they also created unassuming characters who achieved success while facing difficult situations. I believe Anabar has some of the same qualities.

Links:
Anabar's Run blog
Buy Anabar's Run at Barnes and Noble







No comments:

Post a Comment