Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Interview with Cecilia Gray


Cecilia Gray lives in the San Francisco Bay Area where she reads, writes, and breaks for food.

What will readers like about your book?

It’s a sweet, simple story about two best friends who fall in love. What’s not to like?

Why did you self publish?

My stories tend to be short and sweet, and standard romance novels are 80,000-100,000 words. It made sense to self-publish given the length. Plus, I’m really impatient! Waiting 18 months for a Publisher to bring my work to market would have me clawing my eyes out.

What is your writing process?

I’m really inspired by the stories around me. I’ll see a relationship in real life or on television – one where happily ever after hasn’t worked out, and I’m struck by the need to make it work out in fiction. Oh all right, I suppose that’s a not-so-subtle way of saying I’m engaged in a lot of self-fulfilled fantasizing.

How long does it take you to write your first draft?

Two to three months for the first draft. I’ll usually take a month for editorial revisions, and another two weeks for copyedits.

What inspired you to write this particular story?

I love that moment in movies where two best friends, who the audience knows should be together, also realize they should be together. It’s a really sweet transition from friendship to something more, and I wanted to explore it!








No comments:

Post a Comment