Sunday, December 4, 2011

Interview with Bella Andre


Bella Andre has always been a writer. Songs came first, and then non-fiction books, but as soon as she started writing her first romance novel, she knew she'd found her perfect career. Known for "sensual, empowered stories enveloped in heady romance" (Publisher's Weekly) about sizzling alpha heroes and the strong women they'll love forever, many of her 20+ titles have appeared on Top 50 bestseller lists, including THE LOOK OF LOVE, FROM THIS MOMENT ON, GAME FOR LOVE, ECSTASY, CANDY STORE and LOVE ME.

Her books have been Cosmopolitan Magazine Red Hot Reads twice (GAME FOR ANYTHING and WILD HEAT) and have been translated into German, Thai, French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and Ukrainian. WILD HEAT won the Award of Excellence in 2011. The Washington Post has called her, "One of the top digital writers in America” and she has been featured on NPR, The Wall Street Journal and Forbes. If not behind her computer, you can find her reading her favorite authors, hiking, knitting, or laughing. Married with two children, Bella splits her time between the Northern California wine country and a 100 year old log cabin in the Adirondacks.


What will readers like about your book?

The Look of Love is the first book in my Sullivan family series, contemporary romances that feature six sexy heroes and their two twin sisters falling deeply in love. Each Sullivan love story is emotional, fun, and full of sparks.


Why did you self publish?

I was between publishers at the time and a friend of my suggested putting something up on kindle. I did and was thrilled by the response from readers. I’ve released six self-published titles in the past year and a half (From This Moment On, The Look of Love, Game For Love, Candy Store, Love Me, Ecstasy), with the next Sullivan book (Can’t Help Falling In Love) coming out soon.



What is your writing process?

I do quite a bit of brainstorming about my characters first. What they love. What they fear. What their past relationships have been like. What their families are like. I love to pair up a seemingly mismatched hero and heroine – like the serious businessman and the pop star in FROM THIS MOMENT ON (Sullivans #2). At that point, I sit down on my couch with my MacBook Air on my lap and start typing.


How long does it take you to write your first draft?

Two to four months, after which I spent 6-8 weeks in edits, copyedits and proofs before publication.

What inspired you to write this particular story?
I really wanted to write about a big, close-knit family like the Sullivans. I really love the dynamics of large families – the closeness, the knock-down-drag-out fights, and most of all, the love.








No comments:

Post a Comment